The objectives of Anthrozoology Research Foundation are:
- To increase the number of research projects and the breadth, depth and quality of scholarly activity within the field.
- To raise awareness and credibility of the science of Anthrozoology in the academic and public realm
Anthrozoological Research Foundation is the leading Usa & Australian organisation supporting and funding anthrozoology research at universities.
- There is enormous scope to increase the number of people in Usa & Australia whose health and well-being is improved by appropriate interactions with a companion animal.
- Benefits for humans provided by animals are measurable and can be statistically robust, establishing anthrozoology as a serious field of academic endeavour.
- Interventions with animals are cost-effective, enjoyable, and are often staffed primarily by volunteers so the whole community benefits from these programs.
- Many Usa & Australian postgraduate students are drawn to the field of anthrozoology, but are unable to obtain funding to pursue this area of research.
Our aim is to build relationships between individuals and organisations who wish to improve human health through funding research into beneficial human-animal interactions and the students who wish to conduct this research.
Anthrozoology Research Foundation
- Works closely with philanthropic individuals and organisations who understand the value of pets to human health and who want to facilitate knowledge growth in this area by funding research. We ensure that funds donated by these people are put to the best use possible, by selecting USA & Australian projects for funding on the basis of their scientific merit, as assessed by an independent review panel.
- Works with high quality Usa & Australian students who want to conduct research that will help develop our understanding of the human health benefits associated with human animal relationships. We help these students find suitable supervisors from leading Australian & United States universities and provide scholarships and project funding to support them while they study. The students we support will be completing PhD or Master’s level degrees, hence through our activities we are also building The U.S & Australia’s research capability in the area of Anthrozoology.